We currently offer complimentary entry to a few Colorado Runner Events races to elite athletes. Elite athletes are athletes who stand a chance to win the race overall at any of the distances. If you have already registered and paid for an entry, please do not ask for a comp because your entry fee will not be refunded.
If you accept a comp entry and then “no show” without courtesy notification, you will be denied a comp in future years.
Competitive Entry Process:
Please fill out the contact form to the right. We do not offer elite entries at all of our events. We only offer elite entries at the events listed in the contact form, subject to availability.
All elite athletes must fill out this form to request entry. Elite entries will not be given within one week of an event.
Fair Competition Policy
Prize Money and Award Eligibility Policy
To be eligible for elite entry, any prize money or awards issued at any event produced by Colorado Runner Events LLS, all athlete must:
- Not be currently serving a suspension issued by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) or the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for use of a banned substance
- Not have ever served a ban issued by USADA or WADA for the use of performance enhancing drugs
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who have had 2 or more athletes receiving such suspensions in the previous 4 years
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs during their own athletic career*
- Provide proper documentation proving they are eligible for prize money, if offered (form W-9, W-8ECI or W-8BEN)
- Consent to random drug testing according to the standards and procedures of USATF, USADA and WADA
- By filling out the elite athlete request form on this page, an athlete is attesting that they are in compliance with USADA and WADA anti-doping regulations related to banned substance use and if issued a doping suspension or ban in the future, they will not be allowed back at the event for any reason
Any athlete that believes they have been barred from the event or the opportunity to earn prize money at the event because of mistaken identity due to near or exact name of a person currently suspended, banned or previously banned, must submit documentation certified by a notary in advance to Colorado Runner Events proving that they are not the same person identified as serving a suspension, ban or previous ban.